HOUSE LEAGUE UPDATE
As mentioned at the pick up games and after the entire registration process, we now have 31 officially registered and paid players. This is a difficult number to create 3 full teams because of common absences. No one enjoys showing up to play lacrosse with 7 or 8 players total. We did it today for the tournament travel team and our bodies won’t forgive us until next weekend, possibly longer. Even more so when players would need to run for 2 games / 2 hours under a 3 team setup.
With that said, we will have to go with a TWO TEAM format.
- We play our 1st game this Wednesday, May 4th at Nichols Arena, Pad C, 8:00-9:00pm.
- ALL registered and paid players should arrive around 7:30pm or earlier this Wednesday.
- Click this link to confirm your team. http://www.londonmasterslacrosse.com/wordpress/rosters-2022
- The season will still end on Wednesday, June 29th.
- Once the savings are calculated with the city this week, we will be issuing a partial refund or credit to each paid player.
We will accommodate friend requests to start the first couple weeks but changes could be made to ensure evenly matched teams with fun back and forth lacrosse for all. Anybody could be traded at any given time for balance.
We are hoping the jerseys ordered for the season will arrive before this Wednesday. Just in case, please put both a ‘dark shirt’ and ‘light shirt’ in your equipment bag this week. We will hand out the jerseys based on best available sizing for each player.
We will have a referee and timekeeper this week and scores will be added to the website weekly.
As life returns to normal in the coming years, it is our goal to build the House League back up to 4 or more teams. I truly wish more people would have signed up this year but I also understand the many issues people are faced with at this time.
See you on Wednesday night.